Thursday, May 9, 2013

Laduree & Uniqlo Partner Up To Make Irresistably Delectable Tees


My favorite French and Japanese imports have teamed up to make the most adorable selection of tees EVER. Laduree (of macaron fame) and Uniqlo (of chic Japanese-designed apparel fame) have combined their talents to produce this limited edition collection of t-shirts for women which are available to buy via Uniqlo's website. Already, the design I've shown above has sold out and the others are disappearing quickly as we speak.

I was initially introduced to Laduree by one of John's ex-flatmates, who suggested I bring a selection of the luxury macarons to a dinner party I was attending. Needless to say, I was smitten the minute I stepped into the Burlington Arcade shop. Rows and rows of pastel perfection greeted me as I struggled to make a selection of twelve, let alone six. My favorite flavor is probably salted caramel, although I'm also a sucker for their seasonal specialties as well. Their gift boxes are beautiful and terrific to use as keepsake boxes long after the last crumbs of macarons have been dusted/licked away.

I started shopping at Uniqlo when their first store in Hong Kong opened, taking advantage of their free alterations service and simplistic, clean lines with a twist. I was thrilled when they opened in London and still visit frequently for quality basics like shift dresses, leggings, and "comfy" clothes. 

I almost ordered the tee above (as I loved the design so much), but in reality, when am I going to wear a t-shirt with macarons and the Eiffel Tower printed on it? Certainly not to work, and probably not during my "down time" either - it's probably slightly too childish for me. But, I hope someone with more fashion sense than me has picked up a piece or two from this line because it's just too cute to pass up.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© angloyankophile

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig